Tuesday, November 8, 2011

30 Before 30 Update


I realize now how crazy I was to make some of these goals. I clearly didn't realize how much having a baby changes your life. But, one of my main goals for the goals (ha!), was to ensure that I didn't lose my sense of self when I became a mom. I, of course, have goals for motherhood and for my baby, but that's not what this list is about. :)

Now, before we get to it. I have to say that I'm honestly not sure I will keep this list or not. I don't like a lot of the goals because they are not specific. I'm not sure why I did that--it's one of my pet peeves! "Become a better blocker, setter, and hitter in volleyball." How the heck am I going to measure that?! Man, I must've really had pregnancy brain when I wrote these goals. ha! That's what I'm blaming anyway. And, some of the things I just don't think I plain want to do anymore. Dye my hair blonde. Meh. I don't think so.

1.      Run half marathon  (yeah!)
2.      Finish 90 days of P90X or complete a round of Insanity (I haven't decided which yet)
3.      Learn to knit
4.      Learn to sew well enough to hem pants
5.      Become a better blocker, hitter and setter in volleyball
6.      Buy a piano and start playing more
7.      Learn to give myself a proper manicure
8.      Find a fish recipe I can stand to eat regularly (Still liking the Thai Coconut Curry Tilapia!)
9.      Read 6 non-fiction/business related books
10.  Learn and master Adobe Photoshop
11.  Ride in a hot air balloon (This one may not get done. Does a helicopter ride count?)
12.  Take a weekend trip alone with my hubby
13.  Take up crafting/painting/drawing again
14.  Finish decorating all rooms in upstairs of home
15.  Have family photos taken
16.  Read the entire Bible
17.  Learn to make angel food cake from scratch
18.  Prepare, plant, and maintain a fruitful vegetable and herb garden (I only kind of did this. My mom actually planted the garden for me as I had just had a baby.  We harvested a lot of green beans, rosemary, and basil.)
19.  Do our taxes myself
20.  Decide once and for all which church our family will attend and be members of
21.  Build wooden planters for our house
22.  Re-paint our front door the perfect shade of yellow (I found the color! Just need to do it/hire someone to get it painted!)
23.  Figure out landscaping for our backyard (I had a landscaper come and give us estimates. We just need to have it done in the spring now. $$!)
24.  Find an organization where I can volunteer on a regular basis
25.  Dye my hair blonde
26.  Make Bolo Bau from scratch
27.  Learn basic, conversational Mandarin 
28.  Update my marketing portfolio (Did this when I officially quit my job!)
29.  Learn how to use my hot rollers
30.  Research my family history on my dad’s side

So clearly I am not one of those people who accomplishes things when they publicly put them out there. Lesson learned. (Insert my blushing face here.) At least I got a few things accomplished that I may not have had I not made this list at all. I'm going with that. Someone hold me and tell me its okay. 

1 comment:

  1. First of all, let me say I began reading you blog when Christy posted you link on hers. So far, I love what you're writing, and I especially love this post. What a great idea! I think the fact that you have crossed off 5 things on your list is a pretty big accomplishment in itself. Each little bit counts, and they always say, just getting started is the toughest obstacle. Kudos to you and for inspiring me to something similar.

    ReplyDelete