Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fish Recipe #2 Attempt

I feel like a bit of a cheater with this recipe because I've tried it out once before, but I couldn't really remember if I liked it much or not.  I have to say I just can't stand salmon, but I'm trying hard to find a recipe that I can like because Jeff loves it.  I feel better about this recipe than the last one, too, because it seems to be much healthier. 

I liked this recipe MUCH better than I remembered.  Maybe I bought a different kind of salmon, but it was not fishy tasting at all.  And, I love cilantro so much, I could probably bathe in it. :)   

My rating

Ease to make: Super Easy
Taste: 8 out of 10

Here's the recipe.  Found at The Fresh Market.  Enjoy!

Roasted Salmon with Cilantro Pesto
Ingredients:
2-4 salmon fillets
1 clove garlic
1 cup cilantro, loosely packed
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. lime juice
1-2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°.  Add garlic, cilantro, olive oil and lime juice to food processor.  Blend until creamy.  (Alternatively, if using a blender – mince garlic before adding to the blender.)  Grease a baking dish with olive oil.  Place salmon fillets in the baking dish.  Spread the cilantro pesto on salmon fillets, sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with chopped tomatoes.  Bake 15-18 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment