Monday, March 28, 2011

Fish Recipe Attempt #1

In order to get an early start on my 30 Before 30 list, I tried out a new fish recipe last Friday.  (We're really not Catholic! It was just a coincidence. :) )

I wish I would have gotten a picture because it looked pretty nice.  But, alas, I was in a very crabby mood. I think my pregnancy hormones are finally kicking in.  Either that or the stress of all that there is left to do is getting to me.

Jeff said this was his favorite fish dish that I've ever made for him. (I've only made like 3 other versions of any type of fish, so I don't give much weight to this comment.)  I actually did like it because I don't think I could not like something with sesame, but all of the oil kind of bothers me. I know it just bakes in the oil marinade, but still. How healthy can it be? 

My rating

Ease to make: Super Easy
Taste: 7 out of 10

Anyway here is the recipe (found on allrecipes.com):

Sesame Tilapia

  • 2 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
  • 1/4 cup sesame oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • kosher salt to taste
  • fresh ground black pepper to taste
  1. Place the tilapia in a bowl, and drizzle with the sesame oil. Season with the garlic, Italian seasoning, kosher salt, and pepper. Cover, and marinate at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  3. Transfer the tilapia and marinade to a baking dish, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until fish is easily flaked with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment