Monday, March 14, 2011

29 Weeks

It seems I get further and further behind in these posts.  (I'll be 30 weeks on Wednesday!)  Better late than never, right?

Things are moving quickly!  Kicks, punches and stretches are getting much stronger now.  I can see my belly rumbling sometimes.  It looks like a volcano is going off inside of me!  It's pretty fun to watch and it isn't painful...yet.  I've avoided any legs problems by sleeping on my other side.  I did fall asleep during a quick cat nap on the painful side and only woke up with a numb leg (no sharp pain).  So, I don't think the baby has moved completely off of my nerve, but it seems to be getting better.

I was right about my weight gain tapering off a bit.  I've only gained about a pound in the last 3 weeks.  I'm still in a good range, but can definitely tell that there's not much room to store the food anymore!  I'm ravenous when I start a meal, but get full pretty quickly.

We start our Prepared Childbirth classes tonight.  I'm looking forward to them.  I'm sure there's plenty I don't know yet, and I KNOW there's plenty Jeff is completely in the dark about. :)  I've heard mixed reviews about the classes.  Some of my friends have loved them and others have said they were a waste of time.  I'm all for being prepared especially because I'm going to try my darndest to have a drug-free labor.  So, there's no way I would skip out on these classes. 

29 Weeks 1 Day. 

2 comments:

  1. Looking good Aleta!! Marv and I believe you can totally do a drug free labor. If I can do it, you can! I'm sure the doula will be so good at keeping you on track with your birth plan! :)

    ReplyDelete