Monday, January 10, 2011

20 weeks


We had our 20 week ultrasound last Wednesday (1/5). Yay!  It’s amazing the detail we could see this time around versus our first ultrasound at 11 weeks.  Kidneys, bladder, heart chambers, upper lip, etc.  All looked great!  The babe was super cute and takes after daddy.  “He” yawned about 4 times during the ultrasound.  Hard time waking up in the morning!  We also saw the little one flex his arm a few times as if to say, “Hey Mom and Dad! Look at my muscles!” Everything seems to measuring right on track. Babe weighs about 11 oz. and the heart rate was at 158.  

 I had a moment of panic when the technician asked me if we wanted to find out the gender.  I was silent for a couple of moments, but blurted out “NO!” before I could change my mind.  We didn’t get 3D images like I was hoping, but got a CD of photos again.  

I am still feeling great, although I’ve been a little bit tired the last few days.  I know the baby is having a major growth spurt these next few weeks, but it might just be the fact that I have to get up to go to work again, too.  I can feel baby moving around a lot, and can even feel my stomach muscles stretching out.  I have a short torso and long legs (for my body), so I’m starting to show now.  It’s kind of uncomfortable for me to have people comment on my body, but I’m sure I’ll get used to it.  I guess I had to start showing sometime!

20 week ultrasound (19 weeks 6 days) Babe showing off muscles :)

20 week ultrasound (19 weeks 6 days) Babe's profile
20 weeks 3 days


No comments:

Post a Comment