Friday, February 11, 2011

24 and 25 weeks

This pregnancy is progressing quite nicely!  I really can't complain too much about anything.  Baby has been doing some crazy dances in my belly at night, kicking and swinging both legs and arms!  It's a pretty crazy feeling.  Today, I am 25 weeks and 2 days pregnant and the babe weighs about a pound and a half.  I've been having some foot and leg cramps, but that's not really new.

I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed recently. I'm probably just thinking ahead too much, but I know that I need to:

-Travel to Minneapolis/St. Paul 5 times in the next 5 (four out of five weekends and then once for Greater Mankato Leadership Institute for an overnight trip) weeks is exhausting me already.
-Finish up the basement painting and coordinate the estimates to get our stairwell professionally painted.
-Register for baby showers and discuss the best dates to have them, who to invite, etc
-Play volleyball two nights a week.  Two weeks of women's and one week of co-ed left!  I love it, but the  9:15 games are really starting to wear on this lady!
-Meet with a doula and weigh the pros and cons using one for labor and delivery.
- Find a time to get my haircut. Even this has been a challenge! My stylist went to working one night a week and days only (which are not an option for my work schedule).
-Plan the nursery.
-Start six weeks of baby classes in March.
-Consider taking water aerobics classes with my friend :)  Maternity bathing suit? Mmmm. Sounds lovely!

I'm not complaining. (Really!) These are all things I'm looking forward to doing, but I'm feeling a bit overbooked! :)  I guess its good to stay busy!

I did get to have some great downtime with my girlfriends last night.  I always have a good time with these girls and never feel like I have to be "on" for them.  Plus, being that 2 of the 3 girls are pregnant right now (both with the second children), I have a great resource to get all of my embarrassing pregnancy, labor, postpartum, etc. questions answered. Christy blogged about our night last night, as we might have to take a month off.  She and Angie are both due in March! :)

Here are my weekly pregger pics!  I can't take a staged shot for the life of me. Just not photogenic.  Oh well!

24 weeks 1 day. These pants are too big and clearly need to be shortened, but I'm not too picky these days.
25 weeks 1 day. Jeff trying to use a trick to make me look more natural.  I don't think it worked. HA!

2 comments:

  1. I remember feeling that way too. Especially trying to get those baby classes in! It will come together. Thanks for a fun night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great Aleta! If you need names/suggestions for a doula I know all of them! Or even if you have any questions I can help you with that too. :-) Are you taking classes with the clinic? I wish I was still teaching them!

    Joni

    ReplyDelete