Monday, February 14, 2011

Progress

Not on the baby front. (Well, I suppose there is some progress being made there, too!)

This weekend was packed full as usual, but turned out to be productive AND fun.  Friday, I got the rare evening to myself while Jeff went out with a couple of his guy friends.  I spent it replacing the outlet and light switch covers in the basement, catching up on DVR'ed TV shows, and sleeping early. Heaven.

We headed to Minneapolis early Saturday morning to run some errands. I scored a couple of really great deals at Gap Maternity (gosh, I think about 2 or 3 shopping trips ago, I said I was done maternity shopping!) and picked up fabric swatches for the nursery.  I fell in love with this fabric online, but needed to see it in person.

I'm glad I did!  The pattern is MUCH larger in size than it appears online.  I'm still in love anyway, and can't wait to see it in the room. 

We spent the entire afternoon with my in-laws to celebrate Jeff's brother's birthday, which is actually today.  A little Valentine's Day baby. :)  We made homemade pizzas, opened gifts, and cooed over my newest nephew, Miles.  It was such a nice, relaxing day. We arrived back home around 9 o'clock to find that our crib and mattress had been delivered! I think having that physical piece of furniture in our home has made things sink in a little bit more for my hubby.

I played organ at church on Sunday, then we headed to brunch at Applewood with my family. A trip back to our house allowed me to get my brother to hang my new chandelier.  Jeff doesn't seem to be too impressed with the new one (you know, he really loves saying "meh"), but I'm definitely digging it. 

Painter is at our house finishing up the basement today. Progress being made=Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment