Monday, January 30, 2012

Gemma: 8 months

I know I say this every month, but it feels like I was just posting about Gemma's 7 month birthday.  The days are going by too fast! During the winter months, I suppose that's okay.

I lament to Jeff almost every day that Gemma isn't my little baby anymore. She is my BIG baby. I'm amazed by how quickly she learns these days.  She is so much fun and I'm really enjoying this stage of her life, but I do miss the days of when she was my little babe all nestled up in the bassinet in our bedroom.

Here are somethings Gemma is up to these days:

-Is on the go constantly. She does not crawl in the traditional sense, and I don't think she will.  She tries to stand all of the time instead.  She puts herself in the downward dog pose and moves her feet until she is where she wants to be and then plops herself into sitting position.

-Wants to walk around the house all the time (with our assistance).  Her go to spot is the front door where Harper's bells hang. (Harper is bell trained).

-New favorite song is "I'm a Little Teapot."  I have to admit I felt a bit like a square when my friends' kids are singing the latest songs on the radio, but oh well. So be it. I am a square. :)

-Is a little piggy.  She is eating almost anything that is safe for her.  She loves crackers, puffs, Cheerios, chicken, green beans, carrots, pear, apple, pretty much anything under the sun.

-All 8 of her teeth are fully through, and I'm pretty sure she's working on a 9th.

-Loves to brush her teeth.

-Loves other babies.  We started baby sign class at ECFE the other week, and when we arrived and she saw the other kids, she flapped her legs and arms and had a huge smile on her face.

-Still cries (and by cries, I mean wails) when she sees/hears my dad.  The only thing we can think of is that he is probably the loudest, most boisterous person she will ever be exposed to in her life. Maybe its his mustache? Not a clue...poor Grandpa.  He says it doesn't bother him, but I'm sure its getting to him. He says to her, "Be nice to grandpa.  When you're bigger, I'll take you to Daves (the local grocery store...for candy)!"

-Sleeping 4 hours a night still. Sometimes I'm in such a daze, I really don't know what I'm doing in the middle of the night.  One night last week, I got up because I heard Gemma crying.  When I got halfway to her room, she was calming down, so I went back to bed.  A little while later, Jeff said to me "does she need to eat?" I totally thought I had already gone in there, so I was waiting for Jeff to go get her and rock her! Poor kiddo.

-We moved her mattress down a notch now as she is pulling herself up on the bars.

Gemma's first yoga move: downward dog.  She needs to work on her technique a bit!

One of my favorites from our kiddo photo shoot with Christy.

No comments:

Post a Comment