Thursday, January 26, 2012

project 52 | week 2: variety

So, here I am. Procrastinating again.  Well, not procrastinating, EXACTLY. I had a hectic week, and honestly? Variety is a difficult subject!  Every day, I would tell my husband, "I need to take my photo yet! What should I do? What should I do?" My initial though was to photograph my shoes.  Leopard print heels, grandma flats, sexy boots, rain boots. But, lining them all up in a creative way was just too much work for me this week.

My next thought was the variety of flecks and height in our carpet. BORING. And, then, it hit me when I went out to the mailbox yesterday.  I would photograph our wide array of magazine subscriptions. I rarely get the time to fully read through any of them, but I love having something to thumb through while I wind down in bed at night.  And there you have my photo.


 Jeff says my photo subject is boring, but when I prompted him for a better idea, he gave me nothing.  While this may not be the most creative take on the word variety, I'm proud of myself for submitting a photo anyway.  Maybe I will learn my lesson and push myself a little harder earlier in the week!  I figure my ideas and photography skills can only keep improving.  I can't wait to see where we'll all be halfway through the year and at the end!

1 comment:

  1. I was a procrastinator too this week...and you're right, "variety" was a tough word to capture. I think you're photo is interesting, and something many of us relate to. I have three magazines sitting in our living room right now, that I just thought to myself tonight, I need to read them!

    ReplyDelete