Monday, May 23, 2011

39 weeks 5 days

No picture this week.  We forgot to take one, and now I'm pretty much 40 weeks, so I figure its pointless. 

I got pretty excited on Friday night because I had two hard contractions that were 10 minutes apart.  So, I decided to try to get some sleep since it was 10 p.m. and I didn't want to be completely exhausted when I went into active labor.  I didn't end up waking up (at least not due to anymore contractions). Boo.  Baby is playing tricks on me! 

I'm trying all of the "natural" inducers.  Walking, bouncing on my exercise ball, spicy food--my favorite Mrs. Renfro's jalapeno salsa--, sex, acupressure foot rub, pedicure, etc.. Nothing is seeming to work.  I did have Braxton Hicks contractions that I could feel all weekend. (I haven't felt any at all throughout my pregnancy.) 

Last week was a stressful one.  (It's a very long story, but involved a non-stress test and a biophysical.)  Everything with the baby is looking good.  Estimated weight is between 5 lbs and 11 oz and 6 lbs 10 oz.  Since I had the biophysical, I got to see my baby's face!  "He" looks just like Jeff, and is super adorable. The baby scored 8 out of 8 on its "tests."  So, I said at least the baby gets one thing from me--its brains! :)

Also, my PUPPP rash has decided to spread to my entire body, with the exception of my face.  It is the most unbearable thing I have ever dealt with in my life.  It wasn't that bad the first week I had it, but the place it originally started is becoming more flared and the fact that it spread doesn't help matters either!

I'm really getting to the point where I want this baby here now! I really don't want to be induced due to the increased chance for a c-section, but I also want to experience everything naturally.  I know my body knows what its supposed to do. Now, if it could only do it on my timetable!

No comments:

Post a Comment