Wednesday, May 25, 2011

40 weeks...

and I'm really just praying for a May baby at this point! I had an appointment on Monday afternoon and I made a bit of progress. I'm at 1 cm and 40-50% effaced, but still pretty high.  Nothing to get TOO excited about, but its something!  My doctor was pretty shocked to see how bad my PUPPPs has gotten, so she sent me to the lab to test my liver to make sure I don't have Cholestasis, which can be dangerous.  Thankfully, my results came back with a glowing report!  Just a severe case of PUPPPs. 

My doctor is willing to induce me if the rash gets to be too unbearable, and some days I think I'm going to cave in. I've been reading a lot of message boards about people who have gotten it and the home remedies they're trying.  I keep hearing about Grandpa's Pine Tar soap, so I'm heading to the co-op after work to pick some up.  I should have tried it a long time ago, but I thought the prescription cream I got would have worked better.  I heard it smells really gross--like campfire or burning garbage--but I really don't care at this point.  I've never been so excited to smell like crap!

Ice packs have also been helping a little bit.  After I woke up at 5 this morning in serious discomfort, I stuck an ice pack down my pajama pants and slept like a baby! (Yes, the rash has now spread to my arse and crack. Not fun!) My husband is such a lucky man. :)

If I don't have a baby by the end of the work week, I'm seriously considering starting my maternity leave next Tuesday.  I'm honestly not getting a whole lot done at work anyway because 1) I have a lot of my stuff wrapped up or handed off because I thought I would have already had my baby by now, and 2) I can't focus on much besides my darn itching.  Nothing that requires any sort of serious thought, anyway.

"Come on, baby!"  This phrase makes me giggle a little because my dad says that's what my mom kept saying when she was in labor with me. 

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there chica! Excited to hear news about baby...I bet he/she will be here by this weekend for sure! :)

    -Angie S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GEez, is there anything we can do to help?? We could come over and stand around you holding ice packs all over you. :( Praying baby Lin comes VERY SOON. Like, today would be a great day. Sun is shining, come out!

    ReplyDelete